Senseless Chatter with Minimal Splatter

Friday, December 01, 2006

Deck The House! Part 1

Hooray for Christmas!!! I finally get to decorate my own house for the holidays! Most of you have never seen my house, so I figured this was a good chance to upload some pics of it. 18 in all, so I'll post it in 4 parts. :) (Captions below each picture.)

Living Room Pic #1. The 3 art pieces above the couch are called (from bottom to top) Earth, Wind, and Fire. :) The only Christmas adornment in this pic is the center green sphere on the coffee table; it's an ornament. Oh, and it's hard to see him, but that's Gingy from Shrek in the striped chair.

Living Room Pic #2. It took me FOREVER to find a credenza I liked; this one's perfect. The art on this wall came from eBay--nice and modern, just like the 2 "Christmas trees" in front of it. Oh, and yep, that's a classic SNES in the lower right hand corner. ;) I still play it.

Kitchen Pic #1. My kitchen is probably my favorite room in the house. I think it's the room that turned out most like I wanted it. I got to pull out fishing line to hang those glass ornaments from the light fixture above my island; I felt like MacGyver.

Kitchen Pic #2. Here's a close-up of the dining room table. Dishes, napkins, snowflakes...all from Wal-Mart! The snazzy things in the vase came from Pier One, though. [Notice: I know it's a bit much, but seriously, I do like girls.]

Kitchen Pic #3. Ah, the heart of the kitchen. Hmm...wonder where I put all the unattractive things that typically hang out around people's sinks? That's right: in the sink. I couldn't sacrifice a good picture. :)

1 Comments:

  • Woah...you have a nice pad!

    Yeah, um I won't be totally settled until after the holidays, but it is slowly and surely progressing toward that day!

    By Blogger Jason Mayes, at 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home