Senseless Chatter with Minimal Splatter

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

In the Midst of Turmoil

I can't believe I'm already posting again. I never get around to posting two days in a row. Well, this one's for a good cause.

My sister is currently involved with a really great philanthropy at Ole Miss, and I wanted to pass along the information for anyone who wanted to join in. :)

Victory Boxes are small boxes filled with school supplies, toiletries, and toys that soldiers hand out to children they meet in Iraq and Afghanistan. It costs $18 to fill ($8) and ship ($10) one Victory Box to its final destination. Therefore, it's very accessible for most of us to give a little and make a big impact in a child's life.

Personally, I have a big range of emotions regarding the War, but there's no denying that the children of Iraq and Afghanistan didn't choose to grow up in a warzone. Anything that can be done, no matter how small, to make a positive difference in their lives seems well worth it.

If any of you would like to give, you can send donations to the following address:

Victory Boxes
c/o Phi Mu
P.O. Box 8198
University, MS 38677

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home