Senseless Chatter with Minimal Splatter

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Worst Birthday Song...EVER!

So, I have a double treat for y'all.

First of all, here's the link to a site that will show you what song was #1 on the pop charts when you were born.

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/member/birthdayno1.php

It's pretty fun to see what the obstetric nurses were probably singing to me and the other babies in the hospital nursery.

And, that brings me to the second part of the fun. It turns out that the #1 song when I was born was "Rapture" by Blondie. Now, until this moment, I had never heard this song. Boy, is it a WINNER! Do you catch the sarcasm? I hope so. Fortunate for y'all, there's actually a copy of the music video on YouTube!!! And, so, for your listening and viewing pleasure, here's "Rapture"--quite possibly the most wretched song to reach #1 in the history of all music. The only consolation is that now I know who to blame for all the "sing-rapping" that we're hearing these days from Fergie and Gwen Stefani, among others. It's Debbie Harry!!!

Anyway, enjoy! :D

3 Comments:

  • the very first time she says, "rapture" is the creepiest.

    also, "I Love Rock 'n Roll" was the #1 song in America on my birthday... I'm okay with that, because after all-

    I LOVE ROCK 'N ROLL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 PM  

  • No. 1 song on Richard's birthday was "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)" by Christopher Cross.

    No. 1 song on Emily's birthday was "Le Freak" by Chic. Now that's funny.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • How completely schadenfreude... "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen....

    What am I to read into that one?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home