Senseless Chatter with Minimal Splatter

Friday, March 02, 2007

It Keeps Getting Better

As long as Melinda Doolittle keeps singing stellar music, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to keep posting YouTube clips on my blog. ;)

This week's version of My Funny Valentine was outstanding. The key for me was that she was smart enough to not just sing the song as it's typically sung. After all, the song could easily fall into the "hotel lounge" bucket that Simon likes to mention. I was waiting patiently for Paula to say that Melinda made the song her own; imagine my shock when Paula actually commented on Melinda's musical phrasing! I mean, does Paula really even know what musical phrasing is? Apparently so, because she was actually exactly right! Go figure!

Now, obviously Melinda's not gonna be getting the high school vote, or even the college vote. Her musical style and her personal style certainly are a little older than that. The only hope I have for her to win is the fact that Taylor Hicks won last year. We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home