Senseless Chatter with Minimal Splatter

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Idol Chatter

Okay, I admit to being an American Idol fan. Of course, most of America is made up of American Idol fans, so it's not like I'm an outsider. :) I'm more on the outskirts with my other two reality show favorites--Project Runway and America's Next Top Model. All three of them offer something artistic, and I think that's why I like them.

Anyway, last night was the 2nd live performance for each of the 10 remaining female semifinalists, and all-around, it wasn't a very exciting night. I think all of the ladies have decent talent, which isn't something I necessarily would've said in years past, but none of them really showcased it. Nonetheless, I still have my favorites: Mandisa, Paris Bennett, Lisa Tucker, and Katharine McPhee. All of them throw some soulful style into their singing, and I think all of them will make it through to the finals. That leaves 2 spots, and dang it, I don't think there's any way to avoid Kellie Pickler getting one of them. She's gone way overboard on the country-girl-in-the-big-city bit, and her sob story is already ringing in my ear like a broken record. Granted, she has had some tough things to deal with, but goodness, America doesn't have to know all about it...every show. Still, I'm sure she'll get through. Now the 6th spot could go a few ways; history has shown that America does like at least one raspy-voiced, rock-ish girl in the bunch. That would be Melissa McGhee, who's rock-ish in the Country vein. She couldn't go all the way, but neither could any of the other girls. Ayla Brown and Kinnik Sky are both good, but there's no spark with either of them. And, as for the last two--Brenna Gethers and Heather Cox--they should be gone after Thursday's results show.

Tonight's the guys' performances; it'll be only fair for me to post about them as well. After that, though, I'll have gotten it all out, and I probably won't waste blog space on it any more. I know there's some of you out there that will appreciate that. ;)

However, I am curious to know if any of you that regularly read my blog follow American Idol. It's a guilty pleasure, definitely, but it sure is a fun one.

2 Comments:

  • Sorry-- I don't watch American Idol. I have TV ADD. I simply can't stay focused long enough to enjoy a TV show. I teevo tons of things with the intention of watching, but I rarely get around to actually doing so.

    So sad.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:59 PM  

  • Well, you know I don't watch any of them. I don't watch much TV in general. It's usually either Friends, Seinfeld or a movie. My TV watching habits are...well...dull. Oh well.

    By Blogger cr, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home