Senseless Chatter with Minimal Splatter

Monday, June 02, 2008

A New Toy

After years of contemplation, I finally took the leap and bought a synthesizer! To be precise, I bought the Yamaha MO8, which is really the perfect keyboard for the different things I'll use it for (the first project being music production for Footloose: The Musical, Ripley's summer theatre show).

It didn't take me long to realize that, when you buy a serious keyboard, nothing comes with the keyboard. Well, except the AC adapter. So, in addition to the MO8, I also bought 1) a music stand, 2) a keyboard stand, 3) a sustain pedal, 4) a keyboard amp, 5) a bench, 6) a flash drive for external storage, and 7) all the cords needed to connect everything. Here's the whole set-up. :D




Fortunately, I got such a great deal on the keyboard itself (hooray for eBay!!) that even with buying all the accessories I still came in under the retail price of the keyboard alone. That's pretty exciting.

I've been playing on the keyboard all weekend, and I must say that I'm very pleased with it. Granted, I'll need several months, at least, to really understand how powerful it truly is, but for now I'm at least able to accomplish what I need to accomplish (as I said, Footloose).

Of course, no matter how great my keyboard is, I will never be able to accomplish this...



(btw, this girl is apparently ten years old. I would say she has a bright future in synth music production, don't you think?)

1 Comments:

  • Why didn't you get a cool keyboard like hers?! :)

    I'm glad that the wait is over and you are enjoying your keyboard!

    When are we going to get to see you again? Want to help us move?! There will be food at Mimi and Pop's!

    By Blogger Middle School Survivor, at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home