Senseless Chatter with Minimal Splatter

Monday, October 01, 2007

Where Did the Month Go?

What happened to September? I mean, did it even happen? I guess so, because this morning I got to change my three office calendars to October. Yep, THREE calendars! What are they? Good question! This first one is a big, boring one from an insurance vendor; that's the one I used to right down important work stuff. Then, I have a calendar from our accounting software vendor; that's the one I use to display the stereotypical image of the month, since that's apparently the types of images they chose for that calendar (i.e. October's photo is a pumpkin in a field). The last one is my favorite--Japanese landscape photos! :D Each one is so peaceful looking...and so orderly too. According to the calendar, October's image is of Okochi Sanso Villa Garden in Kyoto. Whenever y'all are in Japan (or in my office, for that matter), you should check it out. ;)

So, what happened in September? Hmm...

1) The Ole Miss Rebels got off to a 1-4 (0-3) start. Not too pleasant. Unlike recent years, the quarterback issue hasn't been as huge a problem, but man, that defense really needs a helping hand.

2) I ramped up my involvement with Ripley's production of "Broadway at the Dixie." I'm one of 6 directors to put together several "vignettes" from broadway musicals, which will all be brought together for a big ol' extravaganza...or something like that. Lesson #1 - DON'T HAVE MUSICAL PRODUCTIONS IN THE FALL!!!! I think I knew that already, but the compelling lady that got me involved with this whole thing apparently didn't. Lesson #2 - DIRECTING TAKES A LOT OF TIME. Though I think everything will turn out fine, I don't think I'll be directing again. Btw, performances are October 16 (7PM), 20 (2PM & 7PM), & 21 (7PM)...I know, odd day choices, but that's how it goes. All of you out there should plan on attending! :D

3) Through several different things that aren't at all related, God has been calling me toward a more fervent prayer life. I am so bad about just "checking in" with God, which doesn't cut it, no matter how often I do it. Instead, I'm attempting to set aside real chunks of time for it--an hour, 30 minutes, etc. I find that there's plenty of things to fill that time when I do it. Along with that time, I'm also attempting to spend a meditative time of silence with God. If you've never tried it, I would recommend that you do so. Very simply, you just sit quietly and focus your mind singly on either a short verse of scripture or just God Himself. It may sound a bit "new age," but I promise that it helps refocus and regenerate one's spirit. Anyway, that's what I'm working toward these days; I haven't been 100% successful at it, but it's definitely working its way up my priority ladder. From a time management standpoint, God certainly deserves more of mine. The cool part is that God's already granting blessings through all of this, even in spite of my spotty commitment. So as always, He's going above and beyond. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home