Senseless Chatter with Minimal Splatter

Monday, July 30, 2007

Help Me Out - New Cell Phone

Okay, folks! I need your help. I'm about to get a new cell phone, and I want to get everyone's opinion on their own phones. As in, is your cell phone amazing, or does it suck? And, of course, I'm talking about signal strength, functionality, all-around coolness, etc. Everything.

Here are the requirements:

1) Gotta be compatible with Cingular (a.k.a. AT&T Wireless)
2) It CANNOT flash/blink/make noise when it's idle. I hate cell phones that do that.
3) In terms of cost, I just can't see myself shelling out more than $200 for a cell phone. I'd prefer something in the $100 or less range, but if it's a great phone that yields above-average service, it's worth more money.

So, if your phone meets those requirements, tell me what phone you have and what you think of it. :) And, I especially want your help if you live in a rural area, like me. Frequently dropped calls are not acceptable.

Thanks! :D

5 Comments:

  • if you're looking for something that can handle your pda req's, too--i recently bought the BlackJack (Samsung) and it's FANTASTIC!

    By Blogger fairest blonde, at 4:51 PM  

  • i was eligible for a "free upgrade" (whatever that means) with cingular so i got the moto razr pretty cheap. though i had to sign another 2 year contract, so it's not really free, but you were looking at cingular anyway. it's a cool phone with cool features (like bluetooth). i can show you how to use itunes to create your own mp3 ringtones for it! though in the past 2 weeks it has done something strange twice. i try to dial a number, but it won't do anything after i hit 'dial' and the only button that responds is the 'end call' button and shortly afterward it shuts itself off and restarts. very strange.

    By Blogger Richard Swayze, at 8:14 AM  

  • you tag, you it. read me blog to know what I mean

    By Blogger Creth, at 11:16 AM  

  • oh, and I know that I'm probably totally late on this one (my bad) but I've had a Razr and would suggest looking at something new

    er.

    that thing that Richard was talking about, well, it happens in Dallas too.

    and apparently there's a new Razr on the market, Razr2... so if that's what you're lookin' for, maybe try that

    or get a Nokia, those used to be the coolest

    or you could shell our $400 and get an iPhone (thanks for the discount, Apple)

    By Blogger Creth, at 6:17 AM  

  • by "our" I mean "out"

    By Blogger Creth, at 6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home